cover photo: AALDP Coordinator Rodney Young
United way of Greater Rochester Now Accepting Applications for 2018 African American Leadership Development Program
Dear Community Leader:
United Way of Greater Rochester is pleased to announce that we are now accepting applications for the 2018 African American Leadership Development Program (AALDP).
The primary focus of AALDP is the development and application of effective leadership skills and competencies in one’s professional and volunteer pursuits
It’s an exciting time to get involved with United Way as the organization is celebrating 100 years of serving our community.
The connections, experience and relationships built throughout AALDP are invaluable to individuals, organizations and our entire community as we all come together to help Rochester thrive.
We strongly encourage you to recommend a candidate(s) from your organization to participate in this unique leadership and service development opportunity
The ideal candidate for AALDP would be an employee who has demonstrated a willingness to accept increasing leadership responsibilities in your organization and has sought out opportunities for continued development.
As a sponsoring organization, you will receive the incalculable benefit of a/an:
· Employee with increased leadership skills
· Developed leader who drives business results
· Placement of graduates in leadership positions (e.g. boards and volunteer opportunities)
· Expanded view of future possibilities in one’s professional life, AND
· Demonstrated awareness and commitment to civic and philanthropic responsibilities
AALDP is a (9) day program that includes:
· Cohort Introduction and summer assignments – Monday, June 11th and Tuesday, July 24 (5:30 pm – 8:30 pm)
· Orientation Session – Tuesday, September 10th (5:30 pm – 8:30 pm)
· 9 Classroom sessions
o Tuesday, September 18th – Saturday, September 22nd (7:45 am – 5:00 pm)
o Tuesday, September 25th – Friday, September 28th (7:45 am – 5:00 pm)
· Small group meetings as structured by groups
Requirements for AALDP candidates include:
· An application, resume, and interview for consideration
· Availability for ALL (9) nine days of training, AND
· Program participation fee $399
The AALDP application form, which you may also download online at www.uwrochester.org/aaldp.
Please note the deadline for program applications is April 13, 2018.
If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact AALDP Coordinator, Rodney Young, at (585) 242-6556 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wynndy Turner, SPHR, SHRM-SCP Rodney A. Young
Chief Human Resources Officer Senior Relationship Manager
(585) 242-6419 (585) 242-6556